Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

What a Great Day for a Ride


I rode (not a commute) today for the first time in over a week. As Hayduke said, "chemicals." Others were out there too. I saw Logan's core of real bicyclists taking part in a safety course. You all are making Logan a better place. Sorry I could not join in. The unpaved trails were calling. If there is a choice, I choose anything but pavement. I rode future Shoreline Trail possibilities along the northeast benches. I came back along the North Logan/Smithfield canal.

Speaking of trails and canals, Cache County has a great opportunity to obtain trail easements along our canals. Trail easements are negotiated in other states throughout the west. I worked on trails at GVLT in Montana for several years. There are many obstacles, however. I just can not understand how people can put up a sign that reads "no trespassing, private property, canal easement only" and then proceed to put up fences, plant grass, install irrigation systems, deposit leaves, brush, and dog poop. I am trespassing yes, what are they doing?

My baiku for today:

The grass is still green
On many parts of the trail
Why stop riding now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive