Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jinxed?

Four years ago we went to Antelope Island. Patty says it was on my birthday. I hopped out of the car, jumped on my bike, and started to pedal across the 7 mile causeway. I pulled off onto the shoulder to make a quick adjustment and picked up several hundred goat heads in each tire. Great ride.


Today was going to be different. I came prepared. Tubeless. We jumped on the bikes, rolled down the hill, and my back tire was flat. Where did that big sidewall gash come from? I've never had a sidewall gash in my life!

I will never take a bike to Antelope Island again. Really.

The place is pretty. The bugs ate us alive.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is spectacular scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycled And New BicyclesMay 12, 2009 at 2:23 PM

    It's my new screen saver! The kid, not the thorns.

    B. Young said "this is the place" when he first saw it. I'm still not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive