Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Thursday, February 1, 2007

An Update for Lynn (and the other two or three people reading this)

The lease is signed and dated. The new address was sent to Phone Directories and to the State of Utah. As soon as the landlord removes his junk, I will get started on repairs and moving my junk (used bikes and parts) into the basement. The list of things to do is quite long. I need a City license, signs, paint, tile, flooring, slat wall and hooks, lettering removed from the windows, lots of cleaning, liability insurance, completed new vendor applications, a digital camera to take pictures of the shop to prove I am a shop to said vendors, and lots of new bicycles. The things that require money will take a while. If all goes well I should be open with existing inventory, ready to do repairs in two or three weeks. I sound stressed out but I am pretty excited. Perhaps that is why I am posting at 12:40 AM.

I will be live at Cafe Ibis this Sunday, February 4, for late brunch, 12:30 - 2:30. I will have a few new songs (Sun Kil Moon, and a short set of "protest songs") as well as the usual Texas singer-songwriter covers (yes, an extended Robert Earl Keen set). I may even do some kid music. Please come and listen. Please buy food and coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I am happy for you. Wish i were closer to help. love you, lynn

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive