Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

So Much For That Idea

Gees, Louise! Recycled (and new) Bicycles will not be opening at 55 W Center. It turns out that another tenant has an option to lease more space behind Great Harvest. The short story is, I am out. Quick, call Dex and tell them to forget about the address change I changed last week. Call Lowes and cancel that order for slat wall. What a pain in the anus.

I am looking again for a space. Small spots with reasonable rents are not easy to find in downtown Logan, Utah. I went yesterday to look at 170 E Center. It is not perfect by any means, but I may be able to make it work. If I want to re-open soon, I do not have a lot of choices. I am down, but not out. And now, a haiku for all the Preparation H users and women who have birthed several children:

It's like a plump grape
burning, itching, and swollen
blocking my rectum.

4 comments:

  1. So that's why you keep fidgetin' around so!

    Remember, it don't matter how many times you get knocked down, it matters how many times you get up.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slat wall from Lowes? Robert my man, you should make EVERYTHING in your store recycled. You don't need new crap to hang new crap on, recycle something cool. That slat wall will end up in the landfill at some point anyway. Probably made in China with old growth Oregon tree.

    Hang old rims horizontally from the ceiling as a clothes rack, and use old desks and end tables (stuff) from the Salvation Army to house your accessories, etc. Improvise and stay cheap and used. Be sustainable - reduce your footprint. Think like a hunter/gatherer forced to live in a cold mormon hell. Get some recycled paint from the county waste people - paint everything up nice, let the kids have a go painting the desk that holds all the kid helmets, bells, etc.

    Stay ture to the Recycled cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert!

    Found your card in a section of my wallet that I apparently outsmart myself into thinking is handy in memorable. Was thinking of you the other day, up in Juneau helping, in small part, to organize a bike club. One of the goals is to get recycled bikes out and circulating around campus for people to use.

    Anyway, just figured I’d drop you a line. How are things down in Logan? I’m missing that Utah sun, that’s for sure!

    -Tory Rhoads
    dreamsinneonblue@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROBERT!

    I'm so bummed!

    The Miyata [now British Racing Green] has been waiting on your return. I don't know what to say. This is truly a sad time because you shop filled a much needed slot for the everyday non-Lycra cyclist.

    Now I will not deny that I use lycra on longer rides but that doesn't excluded me does it?

    Anyway... if you need a "pick-up" and time to "discuss with anger against the system", let's ride.I will help make up your time on the bike with elbow grease when you have to move.

    Welcome back. You were missed,
    Ike

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive