Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, August 4, 2008

A Short Rant

"I have my own bag, thanks," I said to the cashier.

"I'm sorry, we have to put all items in little petroleum derived bags. It's store policy."

Bad policy if you ask me. I had my item and my receipt. How could anyone have a problem or think I was stealing something? I know, I know, it's the long hair again.

In Utah, there are many people who are told exactly what to say, do, and think. For them the world is black and white. For them, they need to tell others what to do. It all flows downhill.

The world is gray. Rant over.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I got the same line a few months ago and all I got was some glove liners. Ridiculous. I agree with the bag nightmare.

    However, I challenge. . . "In Utah, there are many people who are told exactly what to say, do, and think."

    Man, this problem is everywhere, not just Utah. Don't join the bandwagon and point the finger at the Beehive State, they all suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame the "green movement" hasn't hit the west yet. Give it time, pretty soon the baggers will be giving dirty looks at those who DON'T bring their own bags. Thats how it is out here in the East.
    When people try to give me that crap I say "No thank you. I don't need your bag, I'll carry it in my hand if I have too". Cheer up Robert. I'll be back in five days to brighten up your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utah is filled with wacky cultists and republicans. What in the hell do you expect Robert? Anyone who will wear the funny underwear is in a position to be manipulated.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive