Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Fixed Gear Cyclocross Show Hits The Road

I have not been on the bike since Saturday's race.  I may try to put in a few efforts today, now that my heart has been at resting rate for 4 days.  Yeah, that's a good way to lose my hard earned fitness.

This week has been filled with full-time dad work and trying to repair a leak from the ceiling in one of the basement apartment's bathrooms.  Wet dry wall and moldy insulation suck.  And, because the basement door was open, and I did not take time to walk the dog yesterday morning, that apartment smelled really bad.

On Saturday, I'll be doing this race in Rexburg, Idaho.  There will be only a hand full of racers there, so I should do well.  My plan is to blast off at the start and never look back.  Right.  I'm sure they have never seen a fixed gear cyclocross dismount, so it should be a good show.

Right after the race, I'll be headed for the Bitterroot Valley to do camera work, another four days with no training.  Oh well.  We can't all be a full time professional athlete with two bikes and a mechanic in tow.  Don't get me wrong.  I've seen her race on several occasions, and she is quite impressive.  Perhaps, I'm just a little jealous, and glad I don't take the sport so serious, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive