Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Cross Weekend


It was a fun weekend of cyclocross racing in Salt Lake City.  This picture of the headless crossman chasing the alligator is much better than any I can find of me.  I had a good weekend, still trying to get over being sick.  I had to dig really deep both days.  Yesterday I finished third, a minute or more behind "McCottle." 

John McKone and Darren Cottle did not show up today.  So, riding the geared bike for the first time in this series, I stayed near the front most of the day.  The last lap turned into a dogfight with Chuck Collins and Jordan Swensen.  Jordan got stuck in the sand and I passed Chuck just after the sand.  I put everything I had into riding fast but Chuck stayed on my wheel.  Three turns before the finish he made his move and came around me.  He went down in the next turn, an off-camber-downhill-right-hander with roots.  He carried a ton speed into the turn, tapped his brakes late, and started drifting, then rolled a tire.  Right on his wheel, I barely got around on the outside, then soft pedaled to the finish for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive