Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, December 18, 2006

The Dream

There is a huge pile of bike-shop inventory stacked in my basement bedroom. Half a dozen or so new bicycles are in storage. Four pick-up truck loads of used bicycles, frames, and wheels are in the back yard under the protective branches of a large blue spruce. These days are dark. Shadows are long, even in the middle of the day. Sleep, for a while. Dream.

Dozens of dead bikes
A mass grave, covered in snow
Waiting for Spring thaw

The solstice comes at the end of this week. As the daylight hours begin to stretch, I want to re-open in a new space. I want to make the dream come true. I can see it all so clear, a new shop, 1 Cognito Bicycles. I see new lines of bicycles too, Redline 925, Monocog and Monocog 29er, On One's Inbred, Inbred 29er, and Pompino, and others.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robert,
    Tried to subscribe to atom/post, it asked me what program i wanted it to open in.. Don't understand?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive