Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Mary Bar Report

Update. Look Here.


The On One Mary Bar is now on my Strong. This bar is a very neat trick and treat. I have not done a real hard ride with steep climbing and steep single track, but for easy trails, fire roads, commuting, and pulling Lupine in the Burley trailer, they are pretty darn good. Yes, the long grip section gives you a lot of choices. The forward bend puts you in a position, relative to the end of the stem, that is similar to regular bars. However, your hands are at 40 degrees rather than the normal 0 to 10 degrees. For my wrecked wrists, this is a very comfortable position. It has been a long time since I have even used a traditional bar. I have been using On One's Midge Bar. I like this bar too. It is the best drop bar I have ever had, and I even rode WTB Dirt Drops for a while (no link, they are no longer made last I heard).

The real test will be climbing the steep stuff. They may put my hands too far behind the stem; and bar ends are not going to work with these bars for obvious reasons. A full report will follow in the spring. Until then, if you want a pair of these bars, let me know. I have plenty for sale. They are $65. I plan to carry all of On One's stuff in the new shop.

Update. Look here.

Bars with funny bends
are suddenly all the rage.
But they fit my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive