Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, April 1, 2007

I'm Going Home

I want to say thanks again to all my customers for a great week. I think I did well over a dozen repairs. Three new bicycles and four used bikes went to new homes. Three or four kid's bikes were given away free of charge. Thanks too, to everyone who donates or consigns their old bicycles. I've never worked so many hours in my life. It was more than worth it. There is a great sense of satisfaction seeing a bicycle go out the door that shifts and brakes. It's the form, function, and shear utility of the bicycle that motivates me.

I have always planned to take before and after pictures of recycled bicycles. But, there is just no time. The important part is just getting them back on the road.

I'm going home tomorrow. I will get to see my sisters for the first time in a long while. I look forward to an Easter dinner with ham and potato salad and deviled eggs. I can't wait to see Florida's natural beauty: crystal clear spring runs lined by cypress, Nyssa, and bay, the smell of the marsh at the edge of my lake, and bird songs I have not heard for well over a year.

I'll be open again on April 10. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive