Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Last Days

Saturday, December 15, will be the last day open in 07 for Recycled & New Bicycles. I should be back in the shop by early February. We will be on the road to Florida the week of December 17. We plan to take the southern route to avoid the sideways snow in Wyoming. This route includes Moab, UT, Arizona, Silver City, NM, all of Texas, the gulf coast, then home.

The Utah Cyclocross Series is over. It's like "lost dogs and mixed blessings." At yesterday's race, I started fast and finished slow. I got in a crash near the end and lost a place. I crashed several times before that. Not a good day, riding in about a half-foot of mud and snow all day. Overall, I will end up 6th in the points standings. That sounds good, but I am near the bottom of the list of those who did at least 7 races. I probably will not do the series next year. Bicycle riding is a priority, but the travel involved in racing is not. I may try to put on a Logan cyclocross series next year. I could ride to the races.

Last night's Alley Cat Race was a blast. What a turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive