Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More Snow, Less Bike

Recycled & New Bicycles will be open this afternoon, even though it is snowing again. The soft, large, wet flakes are swirling and blowing as I write. That's alright. I have finally found a snow sport without the steep learning curve and price tag, Snow Shoeing. We went on Sunday and had a great time.


We had other off-the-bike weekend adventures too. On Saturday we went to the USU Powwow. If you have never been to a Native American powwow, you are missing something special. I like to get close to the singers and feel the drum. It is a powerful thing.



Yes, this post has nothing to do with bicycles. Here is a picture of a Thai style chicken dish I made a while back. Think lime, soy, fish sauce, Asian five-spice, coconut milk, brown sugar, Thai red chilies, and curry. I marinated chicken in this sauce for 24 hours, stir fried it, and served it over rice, over raw spinach, cucumbers, red peppers, and sweet red onions. Yes, it was most delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are taking up snow shoeing. When I used to work in a shop that rented them, and people would go out for their first time I would say ‘Don’t worry everyone is 4 steps away from becoming an expert on snowshoes’. (Cheese, I know) Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycled And New BicyclesMarch 4, 2008 at 11:03 AM

    True! Four steps and I am ready to enter a race!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive