Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bike Shop Owners Ride A Lot And Work On Their Bikes A Lot

Sunday and Monday were the most beautiful days of 2008. Yesterday was actually hot. I never did get a ride in either day. There are no new baiku (I know several of you are reading this just for the poetry). There is still so much to do; It may take another six months just to move in to our new house. Sunday was spent working on the "to do" list. Yesterday, I paid my Utah Sales Tax for the first quarter and sent the US Treasury my quarterly estimated tax for 2008. Like my sister, Bonnie, I now work on my day off. I also worked on ordering more R.E. Load messenger bags, more bicycles. and various parts. The Redline 925's are finally available.
Lee R. and Lee M. have been waiting for a long time. Thanks for your patience, guys. There will also be two Redline d660's in the shop this week. Both may already be sold, but come on buy and look (drool) at them.

The bars on my beater bike have been creaking. Yesterday a stem bolt gave up the ghost. Who knows when I will get the chance to work on my own bike?

The price of oil is now $112 per barrel. Gas is well over $3 per gallon, soon to reach $4 per gallon. These prices are stirring a wave of change that is clearly visible. The two-wheeled revolution is beginning to churn. There are more lycra-clad, carbon-frame mounted riders on the streets of Logan. There are more hipsters on fixed gear bikes (and any old 10 speed that will roll, it's like 1972 all over again). There are more university types commuting on their early 90's rigid steel MTB's (when biopace was king). I had to stand yesterday on the bus, all the seats were taken. The stroller pushing Mommy Brigade has seen their ranks swell. The time is right. bikecoop.org. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive