Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Returns, The Reviews Are In

I did a short ride on Sunday. The Logan-Smithfield Canal trail was nearly snow free. Not mud free, but it was nearly snow free. From Smithfield, I did the tour of Amalga (tour of the smelly dairy farms). The flooded Bear River floodplain was full of singing frogs. It's amazing how much greener the bottoms are compared to the benches. It gets whiter as you go up and greener as you go down.

Well, I've been flamed on mtbr.com. I guess that will teach me to yell at people and tell them to get out of the shop. I know, however, I will never change my ways. I sold over 100 new bikes last year and over 50 used bikes. I had a two month waiting list for repairs. "Second rate" they say. Fine with me. Don't come back. I've got plenty of happy customers. Especially the one's that get micro loans and free bikes. I've learned one thing about retail: you can't make them all happy.

Enough. I'm going to work. I have a lot of bikes to build.

3 comments:

  1. well done Rob...stick to your principles

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's unfortunate.
    Goodwill is hard to gain and easy to lose.
    As you say, another life lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recycled And New BicyclesApril 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM

    If it weren't for my two UK friends, would I have any friends at all? Seriously, thank you both for reading. I appreciate the fact that you two make comments and follow what I am trying to do. We are brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive