Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Invicible No More

For forty years I've been invincible.  Whenever I fell, I got right back up, right back in the saddle.  I healed quick.  If it hurt, it didn't hurt for long.  John Lieswyn once said I was a much stronger rider than I thought I was.  That may have been so, but it was a long time ago.  1992.

Today I can hardly walk.  Lupine had to help me put on my socks and tie my shoes this morning.  My personal physician says I probably have herniated discs.   After the last two weeks, I think I may never be able to ride fast again.  The Tour de Gainesville on March 27 looks like a pipe dream.  My talk about the Great Divide Race in June looks like a complete impossibility.

Ice, heat, Diazempam.  I'm going to take a nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive