Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Old Bull

I remember watching a nature show once.  It showed this old bull elk in Yellowstone, defending his harem from the other younger bulls.  He was kicking butt, left and right.  He was chasing and fighting for all he was worth for days; exhaused, bloody, broken antler, but he was still the King.  A few days later, he was lying in the snow, breathing his last gasp.

That's me.  An old bull who knows he's over the hill and plummeting down the other side.  Yesterday I went to play half court basketball with the old fellows, just to finally get some exercise at slow speed.  I was doing well until the third game when my back went out.  I could not get up.  Today, I can still hardly move.  And, tonight, I have a sore throat and a fever.  I'll take my last gasp now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive