Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Looking Up

I saw many groups of migrating cranes today, and heard even more.  I hear them in my head more than I hear them in my ears.  Sometimes I'm not even sure, so I stand in the yard looking up, just about to give up, and then I see them miles above my head, a small black V against a white cloud, headed south.  When I hear them in my head, I know they are talking to me, whispering, asking me to come with them.  Again, the sandhill crane is my animal spirit guide.  Their migrations make me sad.  It happens every Fall.  I begin to think about going to Florida, going home.

That's why I'm focusing on cyclocross.  It keeps me motivated.  In the morning I'll do my first UTCX race of the season.  I'm riding pretty good, but I have a long way to go.  Tomorrow will be a good measurement of my fitness level.  I don't plan on winning.  I plan on going as hard as I can without throwing up or passing out.  After all, when you do a cyclocross race, after the first lap, you are really only racing yourself.  And that's why I like it so much.

2 comments:

  1. Love the updates and great pics with the new camera! I love and miss you. Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive