Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Working Through My Depression

I'm up in Montana's Bitterroot Valley until Sunday, collecting data, changing batteries, and installing 6 more cameras.  Work is good for me.  I just need to get back on the bike.  That is hard to do for many reasons:  the ass-whoopin' I endured last Saturday brought me down, the super cold temperatures (I tried to go ride on Tuesday of this week but it was 8 degrees, so I pulled a Dave Parker and turned around and went back home before I even got started), and the depressing long shadows even in the middle of the day.  But, I'm feeling better.  I'll bounce back.  Short dark days can't last forever.  I may even go for the win in the final race on the 17th.  Just seven more days until the end.  I hope it will be slick and frozen solid.  Then, I'm going to drink a beer, eat hamburgers, and get fat again.  That will make me feel better about myself, that and more than 8 hours of sunlight each day.  Florida and warm air is not far off.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive