Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Busy Day

Busy is good. July was quite slow. Quite a few bicycles went out the door today, two recycled bicycles (24 inch wheeled kids bikes) , a Monocog 29er, and a Redline 520. Eva is getting a Conquest Sport on Tuesday. Thanks Eva and Mikie. Busy.

After work I took off my cracked crankset. It was the last crankset from my stash of old Deore DXs. I replaced it with the Raceface set from my Matt Chester Utilitiman (after many years of hard riding, the Ute has a crack at the bottom of the downtube-headtube joint, Matt, if you ever read this, I need a repair job). I put on a pair of DiaComp levers for V-brakes, the brakes from the Ute, a new free wheel and chain, and removed the two fixed cogs. My bike is now a drop bared, 180mm cranked, 32/20 single speed 29er, sort of. One look at it and it's still just a cross bike.

At 8 am tomorrow, me and Hoda ride. Yes, I am going for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive