Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Like Pulling Teeth

I had my wisdom teeth removed last night. This morning there seems to be no wisdom in that decision. Yes, it was just like pulling teeth, with an extra dose of discomfort. The dentist said it would have been easier 25 years ago, but 25 years ago another dentist said leave them in. The pain looked like the hot springs in Yellowstone, blue in the middle, with green, yellow and brown on the outside. Really, every time he tried to dig and pry the roots away from my jaw bone, that is what I saw, hot springs.

Other news? I raced in Ogden on Saturday. I finished 7th. All the fast dudes were there. I was not fast enough for the top five, but I did pass three people on the last two laps. It was the coldest, muddiest cross race I have ever done, and I have done cross in Montana in the snow. On Sunday the alarm rang to wake me up to go to SLC for the race at Wheeler Park. I turned it off and slept two more hours. Getting into the top five in the points standings looks impossible at this point. We will see.

One thing is for sure. My jaw hurts. I do not feel like going to the shop or getting on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive