Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Slower and Faster

The bicycle business is slowing down. Way down. I don't think I even made the rent today. I am still doing repairs, but no one is buying new bicycles. That's alright. They will; the price of oil reached $88 per barrel today. Next spring we will all be pedaling to work, school, and to the grocery stores. With that in mind, I bought 4 new beach cruisers today. Later this week I may order more close-out Redline commuter and mountain bikes. As soon as I can get the Cayne Scythe, a three speed, lugged steel, road commuter, I will. I am excited about this bike!

As I blogged (bragged) last time, I had a good race this past weekend, riding a lot faster on the new bike. The points for the series were posted today and I sit at 9th out of 22. I am now officially in the top ten. The sad part is that the bottom ten have only done one race while the top ten have all done two or three. OK, so I am 9th out of 10. My goal is to get faster and move into the top five by the time the series is over. There are two races this weekend. I hope I ride fast.

Fall is changing to winter here. I rode Sunday morning and there was quite a bit of frost on the ground. Tonight there is lightning in the sky. I plan on riding in the morning, even if I wake up to snow.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive