Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Here I Am, Stuck in the Middle

I did a cyclocross race yesterday. It was my first real race in a long time. Real because I paid for it, did not wear Daisy Duke's, and did not ride fixed gear. I finished right in the middle. I was on a new bike with a bad chain line (it turns out regular old spacers and cogs will not work on 10 speed cassette bodies). I had too little gear (my only single speed choice right now is magic numbers with a half-link), and I rode with a dislocated right hand and a lot of road rash on my knees and arse. Yeah, I practiced a little. I figured I better learn to ride the new bike at speed. On Friday, 48 hours before race time, I hit the pavement pretty hard. I'm still learning I guess. So much for my many excuses. I started out near the front, slipped to the middle of the pack on the first lap, and stayed right there the rest of the race. Next week I plan to move up a little. I'm thinking a nine speed cassette body for good chain line, less pain, and more training.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for finishing in the middle! Glad you are riding again.. love you, lynn

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive