Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Saddle Time

It's raining here at the lake house! That is a rare site. Really, it never rains here. So, if this keeps up for a month or so, the lake might fill up again. Seriously, the lake is about as low as I have ever seen it, so rain is a good thing.

The Tour of San Felasco was a lot of fun yesterday. I spent the entire day chasing Jim Smart and cutting the course (I have no pride. I even cut off several miles at the end). I am so slow, and Jim is so fast, he may never ride with me again. The legs felt pretty good, but my rear end sure hurt. I developed some saddle sores from my attempted tour down to south Florida.

Oh, I haven't mentioned how that little ride turned out? Well, I bailed. I cut the course. On Wednesday I rode over 100 miles and ended up calling Patty to come rescue me near Orlando. Here are some lessons learned:
  1. Don't sleep on the ground in just your clothes.
  2. Take a sleeping bag and a pad.
  3. Don't put all your stuff in a backpack. The extra weight on your back will really change how your bottom contacts the saddle. Ouch.
  4. Don't attempt to ride the Florida Trail on a cyclocross bike.
I will try it again some day. I'll just be a little better prepared.

I still plan on posting some pictures and stories from the cross country trip. It may take a while.

1 comment:

  1. I do not own a Bob Trailer
    but I would definitely get one or borrow one for any future touring

    get it off the back is a basic rule

    I may attempt that with mountain biking
    although I do dig the camelback

    I can at least get the tools and tubes off my back

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive