Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Stuff

It is so wonderful to wake up in our north Florida house. I sip my coffee, look out at the lake, watch the fog lift, and listen to the sand hill cranes. Patty's parents gave us an inexpensive espresso machine. It works, sort of. Since we have been here, we've bought other stuff for our "other house", sheets, pillows, comforter, odds and ends. Patty's parents have offered us one of their couches and another bar stool. We would have to rent a van and burn the gas to go down to Port Salerno to get the stuff. So, I grapple with stuff and the ethics of stuff. I have been pondering it for the last few days, and then I came across this. Watch it. It will make you ask some questions and it may even change your life. Me? I have to go to town and buy a gasket for my toilet. I have been told to buy a new toilet, but I will try to fix the one I already have. Wish me luck.

On a sadder, less global note, today is the day for my dog waggles' euthanasia. I have been thinking about the impending moment of his death all morning. Then, right on cue, NPR does a story on capital punishment. Thanks Nina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive