Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Moab

I had two fantastic rides yesterday.  I did Amasa Back-Rockstacker-Jackson in the morning then Slickrock in the evening.  I've always been told by everyone I've ever talked to that you just don't want to do either of those trails on a singlespeed and especially on a fixed gear.  Well, they were all quite wrong.  Slickrock on the fixed gear was the most challenging, fun, and even spiritual trail I've ever done.  Waves of rain and sleet were moving in from the southwest.  At the highest point there was even a clap of thunder, on the way down a fantastic rainbow complete with a pot of gold.  It's hard to believe I've lived in Utah for more than five years and waited this long to ride these trails.  Sorry, no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive