Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Revelations


Yesterday at the ski hill I tried out a pair of snowboard boots (after 30 miles and 2,800 feet of elevation gain on the bicycle ride up).  Upon returning the boots to the rental/pro shop, Patty wanted me to buy a pair of goggles for $17 and the "dudes" helping me wanted me to buy the boots for $130.  That was strange because when I first asked about boots they said they were 32.  My first thought was that they were jacking up the price nearly $100.  Even though I had just suffered a concussion from slamming the back of my head into the snow, I said no.  That's it.  No more snowboarding.  No more tweaked lower back.  No more double cartwheels down the mountain.  I have spent a lifetime riding bicycles much faster than I ever should have, but I've never hit the ground so hard as I have snowboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive