Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, September 10, 2007

The Pendulum Swings

A few weeks ago, Dave B. at Seattle Bike Supply made me buy a bike. A bike with gears. OK, I guess I wanted it. I have not purchased a derailleured bicycle since 1998. I almost made it a decade only riding a single speed bicycle. I have not purchased a new bike since the Matt Chester Ute, seven years ago. So, now I'm shifting. If Matt Chester is going to build frames with derailleur hangers, I can ride a bike with gears. I own a bike shop, and I probably should be riding and racing the bicycles that I sell. Dave, thanks for the pro deal.

My new bike you ask? It is an 08 Redline Conquest Team(the bike in the picture is not my bike). Fun you ask? I have not ridden it very much, but I must admit it is a blast to go really fast in the flats. Now I can even go on a road ride with a group. I plan on doing the
Utah Cyclocross Series which begins in a few weeks. I plan on doing the single speed race on the Monocog 29er with my drop bars and thin tires (click here for the Strong story) and then getting my rear spanked, kicked, and bruised by doing the A race on the new bike. Good training, no? I will blog more once I get in a few good rides on the new bike.

2 comments:

  1. I'm building bikes now, order a frame from a pal! No 2-year waitlist, no mysterious disappearances for months with customers in the que, frame warranties honored...and I'm not aesthetically limited to 700see singlespeed rigs, and am happy to build a derailed bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycled And New BicyclesOctober 10, 2007 at 11:30 AM

    Call me. Let's twalk.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive