Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

What a Week

The last three days have been crazy. There is nothing like doing repairs from 10pm to 3 o'clock in the morning. There is nothing like selling used Burley trailers, new trailers, used bikes (was it four or five?) and new bikes (three just today!). It looks like I'll be able to pay the rent on Tuesday. Thank you customers. Thank you. Will I be able to pay for the twenty-five new bikes? I hope so.

It looks like I will stay busy for a while. I have a whole bunch of repairs to do. Ryan D. gets his 08 Conquest on Tuesday or Wednesday after waiting for a whole month. Thank you for your patience, Ryan. I will order an Atlas trike for Pat G. on Tuesday.

So much for staying small. It looks like I found some good help for building bikes. Bryan showed up on Tuesday and answered "the" interview question. He was the first one to get it correct out of about a dozen people who have asked to build bikes. The question, you ask? "My bike shifts perfect on the first three or four cogs. On the next four it gets worse and worse. What is wrong with my bike?" If you know the answer, post it in the comments section. A small latte to the first correct answer. Ike has also been building some bicycles for me. Thanks guys. I ain't no rock. I ain't no island.

2 comments:

  1. dude, your derailleur hanger is bent.

    where's my latte?

    good-bike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycled And New BicyclesSeptember 4, 2007 at 7:36 PM

    Dude, as soon as I get home for the winter, you get a latte. Although I should have excluded shop owners from the contest.

    Does it ever surprise you how many "applicants" can't answer that question?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive