Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Air We Breath

It is a Red Air day in Cache County. Red is the county designation. The actual label is USG, Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. Cache wants to make it simple for people and focus on not using wood stoves rather than the real problem, cars and cows. Want to see the air quality forecast for the next few days? Not good.

There is not a cloud in the sky, but you can't see across the valley. I can't really complain. I rode in the car last night after Patty picked me up at the shop. We made two or three stops, doing some shopping, contributing to the gunk. Today the heat is on in the house. The only way out of the bad air is to go up. Patty and Lupine want to go skiing up at Beaver, another car ride. Perhaps I will pedal up.

Here is an edited haiku I posted on December 10, 2006:

The inversion's back
Mountains have disappeared
In fog white and brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive