Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Up Into The Blue

I got my ride in yesterday. The only choice, really, was to go up the canyon. I pedaled Das Singlespeed Vinterbike all the way to Beaver.

Up into the blue
Out of the brown inversion
A dance with my bike

It's a simple dance
Standing up on the pedals
Rhythm, circle, sway

I saw literally everyone who is anyone driving down from their day on the slopes. I'm sure they were shaking their heads, saying "what is wrong with that guy." Sure it was cold. Yes, the road had snow on the sides. But, hardly anyone was going up. The sun was at my back nearly the entire ride, so I was visible. I spent a lot of time looking directly at my shadow. The only mishap was the guy coming down who drove his car into the Logan River. Only one person told me I was crazy. I saw him point to his head and turn his hand in circles. Near Tony Grove, one really nice guy honked and swerved across two of the three lanes (passing area) pretending that he was going to flatten me. Maybe I am crazy.

Skis, boards, snowmobiles
A single file armada
Subys and diesels

Perhaps I should ski
Not crazy, just different
I do not like snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive