Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Friday, February 29, 2008

I Can't Sleep

Yes, it's 3 in the morning and I am posting. I can't sleep. Why, you ask? Well, my mind will not stop; it's busy with worry about all the new merchandise I bought this week. It's pretty exciting really, I just hope it all sells, and sells fast. I know, now you're asking, "what did he buy?"

I bought a whole bunch of these, the Cayne Cyckle (click on cycles, then click on urban). It is a lugged steel, retro-looking scorcher with a SRAM (you have to click on usa, then products, then T-3 to see it) T-3 internal 3-speed, and cantilever brakes. The bars are not as pictured. Incredible isn't it? How much? $449. No, that is not a misprint. $449. Sure, I can put a wheel with a fixed cog on it for you. We would not have it any other way. Choices are good.

Oh, this is so exciting. What else, what else? Recycled & New Bicycles now has a small selection of real messenger bags from R.E. Load Baggage Inc. These are not cheap bags sewn is Asia. These are the real deal, hand sewn in the USA, custom designed messenger bags. Oh, the colors! I have the Deluxe, the Civilian, and the Small Civilian.

On the serious side, we have all heard about the potential health effects of using plastic water bottles. I'm not going to go into the debate here, but this I know. Water out of plastic bottles tastes like plastic to me. So, Recycled & New Bicycles will not be selling any more plastic bottles. I just ordered dozens of Klean Kanteen stainless steel water bottles. I have the 27 ounce size to go in your water bottle holder on your bike and the 40 ounce size to go in your pack. I also have slings for the big bottles. I ordered plenty of stainless steel caps if you don't want the plastic caps.

Is there more? Sure there is. The credit card is so thin you can see through it. I love this bike too, the 08 Redline Monocog 29er. Black is back.
And, I have all sizes of the 08 Redline D440 29er. This bike is just fantastic. It's a 1x8! Check out the picture below and the reviews so far. There are some nice pictures at that link by bikerboy.


Well, that's about it. It's funny, last week I was questioning the whole bike shop thing. This week I'm spending money I do not have and getting pretty excited about the coming busy months. Flipflopper. I'm not even going to complain about our air this week (I'll just let you take a look for yourself). If I can just sell a whole bunch of bicycles, the air will get better. Thanks for putting up with my fit of insomnia. I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

  1. Robert- !Tu en fuego, Mi amigo!
    Save a Klean Kanteen for me!! They are awesome[80's speak for really cool as well as functional]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycled And New BicyclesFebruary 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM

    Call the fire department. How about "far out?"

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive