Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Back In Logan...

...and back in the snow. Is it too late to turn around? Seriously, we made it safe and sound. The snow is knee deep, the cat is really sick, but the rest of us are doing just fine after six long days in the car. I will never drive to or from Florida again. Really. I know, I said that last time.

I will post some pictures when I can. We did little but drive, so the trip was pretty uneventful. North Texas really is a horror movie set.

Here is one last Florida haiku. I wrote it on the first hour of the trip passing through the flatwoods of north Florida near Lake City. It seems to me fall and spring in north Florida blend together. Leaves on many of the trees don't really change color and fall. They are "tardily deciduous". The new flowers and leaves of spring just sort of slowly push the old leaves off the tree. The real color comes in late January and early February when red bud, plum, and maple break bud.

The maple forests
Turn a leafless crimson red
Samaras swelling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive