Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fuji Roubaix Pro 09...Life Gets Busy


I have an 09 Fuji Roubaix Pro 58cm ready to go. This is real road bike! The msrp is $1,600. Call or email me.

The pile of snow at the curb in front of Recycled & New Bicycles is still two feet high. The temperature never went above freezing yesterday. Still, the shop is already getting busy. A new bike and a recycled bicycle went out the door on Thursday. I hope Al enjoys his Fuji Newest 3.0. I had no sales to speak of yesterday, but I was not lonely. People were in and out all day. I mostly watched money go out, a check to R.M. for Rudy B's. new bike (Robin, has he jumped the bike into oblivion yet?), and a big purchase from Rich with J&B Importers.

Busy is good. But, when you are a one man bike shop, busy can be stressful. I refuse to get stressed this year. Last night Patty talked to a friend who said "I love it that he is never there during his posted hours...it shows he has other priorities." Well, I don't know about "never" but I do want to maintain the wisdom to just close the door at times and write on the white-board "call me if you need me" or "coffee break, back in 15" or "picking up Lupine from school, back at 3:30." I've said it before so I will say it again: Customers, you may have to be a little patient.

Work today. Bike ride tomorrow.

Can someone explain to me why I would put the five-word paragraph above in a twitter post? I already have a blog. I just don't get it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive