Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Santos to Dunnellon, Yesterday's Cross Florida Greenway Ride

Actually, I rode all the way from Santos to Crystal River, 50 miles in about 4 hours. Dunnellon to Crystal River was on narrow county roads, flapping away for 20 miles in a 52 inch gear, getting run off the road and honked at by little rednecks in big trucks, so I'm not going to talk about that part.

Santos to Dunnellon was about 30 miles of singletrack. Here is a link to the Cross Florida Greenway Trails site where you can look at maps of each section. The trails west of I-75 are fantastic. These trails go up and down, in and out, twisty but flowy, through the "diggings." For 2 hours on a Saturday, I never saw another human.

What are "diggings?" Here is the story. Crazy humans. I don't think the Cross Florida Barge Canal was ever a shovel-ready project.

1 comment:

  1. Hey R. I just missed u in utah. Snowed 2ft. the day after we got there. Managed to get 1 snow ride in the 2 wks I was there. Back to CAL and immediately got sick in the 70 deg weather. The WRIAD vid was coool; needed more of U! just checkin your blog, looks like the posting for the year gets done in jan!! :) the florida riding sounds great, wish i was getting in as much as you seem to be. Eventually I'll post some pics etc. Congrats to Lupine! SeeJay

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive