Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

LUBE (Logan Used Bicycle Exchange)

Even though my shop has been closed for the last two years, every other customer who walks into Robert Hamlin Bicycles asks about used bikes.  I tell them that the city would require me to have a pawn shop business license in order to sell and buy used bicycles.  I tell them I don't want to own a pawn shop, that I'm Robert Hamlin Bicycles now, not Recycled Bicycles, as I point to all the shiny new frames hanging on the wall.

Here is my solution, a list of used bicycles my customers are trying to sell.  I'll try to include a picture, a description for each bicycle, and give an estimated value based on my experience.  Folks can list for free, just come see me, call me, or send me an email.  I would like a small commission after the sale, all based on the honor system.  The bottom line is this, I want to help people buy and sell used bicycles, but I'm not going to hold the bicycles or the money this time around:

Litespeed Blue Ridge titanium touring/cx frame, hand built and signed by David Lynskey himself, 52cm seat tube, 52cm top tube, with Kineses aluminum fork, headset, post, rack, and Deore XT canti brakes.  As a complete Ultegra bike it sold new for $2300 back in the day (late 90s?).  A new ti frame like this from Lynskey would cost you more than $2300 today, just for the frame.  Call John at 435-750-5889.

Fuji Nevada 4.0, 13 inch, 2009, like new, hardly ridden, a demo bike really, retailed for nearly $500, now only $250.  Call Dr. John, 435-770-6313.


Trek 850, 13 inch, really old, needs a go over, $100.  Call Dr. John, 435-770-6313.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive