Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

One's Got Gears, One Doesn't

It's finally happened.  A Pake C'Mute has rolled into the sunset away from Robert Hamlin Bicycles equipped with front and rear derailleurs.  And a pink cooler.  Cool.  Enjoy your do-it-all comfort cross, Wendi.


Here is a close up.  These city bars and stems from Origin-8 are hot sellers.



Gears.  Again, I really like the Origin-8 parts.   The tires, crankset, brakes and levers, seatpost, saddle, stem, bars, and headset are exactly what you want in bicycle parts.  They are well made, light, and cost less than other brands.  The derailleurs are super inexpensive Shimano Tourney, but they work well and will last.

A few days ago I showed my current ride with road tires and a flat bar.  I could not stand it any longer.  And, I had a crankset failure on my race bike.  But that's another story, one about carbon fiber bicycle parts.  Stay tuned.  My Pake C'Mute is now set up as a full-on flared drop bar single speed/fixed gear cyclocross bike with a flip flop 22 fixed/16 freewheel set up.  Now I can ride fast to the trail head and go up fast like a mountain bike with the flip of a wheel.  I just have to file off the Redline red from the forks.  Sandpaper.  It's carbon, so it will be fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive