Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

And Then It Snowed

All morning I kept looking to the northwest for a line of dark clouds. All I saw was Easter-egg blue. At lunch I looked out the window, and there it was, snow flurries. It came from the east, wrap around effect, from the low pressure center that went northeast of us. The Bear River Range mountains were covered in gray clouds and white snow. Still, the northwest sky was clear and blue. Neat-o.

I may have sold a Mono Cog and a Conquest today. Really neat-o. Other than two maybes, the bike business is really slow.

I finally have my bike set up as a single speed using the magic numbers 44/20. Half link, vertical dropouts, perfect chain tension, and no derailleur. It took a new wheel without a 10 speed free hub body, but now it's right. I will be racing in SLC on Saturday morning. Magic numbers will work on any bike. You can learn more by looking at this Magic Numbers site. Feel free to ask, if the fix me up site does not make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive