Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Motivation

It is hard to find motivation the older I get. I want to get out and ride and get stronger, but I seldom do. Yesterday it was raining. And cold. Today, well...by the time I had the time and finally talked myself into getting on the bike it was 9:30. That late in the day, all alone in the cold, it is hard to make yourself ride with any real intensity. I did an hour around and around the graveyard and the Spectrum and the HPER field. My own little cyclocross course, complete with low headstones for barriers. The dead are not easily impressed. I'm home now, and it's hard to go right to bed. So, here I am writing this for you. And me, mostly.

The motivation
To go ride is hard to find
Gray hairs are easy

Racing is the only way to ride really hard. There is an opportunity to race in Pocatello on Saturday. I may go. If I do, the shop will be closed for the day. I am looking for car pool opportunities if anyone is interested.

There's a free entry
For car pools of four racers
Four in my car? Tight!

Haiku after midnight is just as hard as trying to get in a good ride. Sorry for the lame poetry. G'night.

1 comment:

Blog Archive