Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Home Again

Is Utah home? No, not really, but it is familiar, and that is good after being away for so long. Vermont was nice, but there is a reason that half the people living in Bozeman, Montana once lived in Vermont. As great as it is, it is not the mountain west. They don't even really have mountains in Vermont. There just big hills. I do want to go back again. Next time, I will take my bicycle.

As soon as we got back to Utah late last Thursday night, we started gearing up to hit the road again. We stayed in the Heber Valley Friday and yesterday. Heber is another beautiful place, quickly being reduced to starter castles as far as the eye can see. Yes, I said reduced. I did the cross race there and got dusted pretty good. I dropped back fast and stayed there, ending up 10th out of 14 finishers. Seventeen started. I have the usual excuses: no training, jet lag, sleep deprivation, dry sockets, and a broken hand. Throb, throb, throb. I will do better next week. Probably. Maybe.

The shop will be open on Tuesday. Come on buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive