Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Long Day

I was out the door this morning before 7:30. I drove to SLC for race #8 in the Utah Cyclocross Series. All day yesterday I continued to tell myself "I am going to ride fast, I am going to ride fast, I am going to ride fast." It's all mental. I did some research about the course and found out that it was "fast." I went to the shop last night at 10 pm at put on a bigger gear, 46/20. That's a big gear for me. I got there early and did the Men's C race as a warm up. In the single speed race, I worked hard to turn over my big gear coming out of each turn. It was probably my best race this year. I have no idea where I finished, but I know I could not have gone much faster. I was not really racing the top 5 guys, because I know I can't keep up with them. I was racing me, the guy who had to be forced to sprint out of each corner. My lungs burned. It hurt to go that fast. When I got off the bike, I felt no pain at all. Next week, "I am going to ride fast." It's all mental.

I opened up the shop today at 2 pm. I had only one customer all day. So, I put all the bikes back in the shop and came home before 5. Like the note on the door says, "if you need anything, call me, I'll be right in."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive