Shop Information

Robert Hamlin Bicycles is not open.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Racer Boy Race Report

Yes, I jumped into the Category 5 race today, 16 young folks and me.  No, I did not get spit out the back.  No I did not ride off the front.  With five short laps to go I took off.  There was one guy up the road about 15 seconds.  Half a lap later I caught him and a group of 6 or 7 lapped riders, and the 6 or 7 guys behind us all came back together.  The last four laps were fast.  With one to go the strongest guy in the race (not me) made a strong move on the outside and I jumped on his wheel.  Into the turn we went.  I was just past his rear wheel on the outside as he drifted next to the cones.  I braked hard, went outside of the cones, and then zigzagged back onto the course, a bike length or two behind three guys.  There I stayed.  I could have got third, but what was the point?  I had nothing anyway.  All I had for breakfast was a pork chop, and all I had for lunch was salmon and green salad.  There you go, Dr. Catfish.  You may get smarter on a high protein-low carbohydrate diet, but you wont be a fast bicycle racer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive